Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Time after Time

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you
caught up in circles -- confusion is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights-- almost left behind
suitcases of memories,
time after--

sometimes you picture me--
I'm walking too far ahead
you're calling to me,
I can't hear what you've said--
Then you say--go slow-- I fall behind--

the second hand unwinds

if you're lost you can look--and you will find me
time after time
if you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
time after time

after my picture fades and darkness has turned to gray
watching through windows--you're wondering if I'm OK
secrets stolen from deep inside
the drum beats out of time--

I don't know how much slower I can go. I need to keep walking and you are still behind, and everyday you fall farther behind. I don't think we are in the same place. I need you and mostly you are in your own world. I'm yours for the taking, but you don't want me. I lay there wondering how I can keep wanting something different in my head than what you are giving.

I hear other single people saying being single sucks. But I wonder what is truly worse, being alone or being with someone who can't give you what you need.

I guess I am about to find out....

No comments: