Friday, March 2, 2007

Don't wear your headset to the bathroom

I changed jobs about a year ago and took, for the very first time, a job in the field I was educated in. I work at a Help Desk, where we provide first level technical support for medical professionals. For the most part, I like this new job, but as I have stated before, at times, it can lack in the mental stimuli department. That's OK, I make up for that with plenty of episodes of Grey's Anatomy, Lost and whatever other steaming TV I can find online. But I was going through old e-mails, deleting stuff I don't need anymore and I came across this little tidbit I e-mailed to my old co-workers during my first few weeks at my new job, that made me laugh and remember being a 'newbie'.

Note to self.... Don't wear your headset to the bathroom. We have cordless headsets here, and after a awhile you just be come use to having this contraption on your head, and you forget it is there. Pretty embarrassing when you head to the coffee shop on the corner with this thing on and you're not quite sure why people are looking at you funny. We've all done it at one point or another, one girl even rode the bus home once with hers on. But leave it to me to top that! That brings me to my latest "newbie" experience.... having my headset ring while I was having a private moment..... opps!

No comments: