Friday, March 16, 2007

Putting yourself out there

Married for 10 years, in a serious relationship for 2+, and then one finds them self single and wanting to date. What does that look like? How does that work?

I have been doing a lot of soul searching, because I mostly find myself in a place where I can say what I DON'T want. But what I DO want is harder to articulate. So here goes, lets see if I can list what I find attractive and desirable, and what "works" for me:

1. Someone who can pursue. One who takes initiate. Aggressive enough that I know he's interested.
2. A listener, but even more, someone who can talk with me, not just at me. Someone who can be thoughtful and communicative
3. Romantic. But not the sappy kind of fairytale, man saves woman and they live happily ever after, but more spontaneous (or planned) simple time together
4. Someone who enjoys the outdoors most of the time, but also likes to stay in sometimes. (vague, I know)
5. Must appreciate that I am competent, but also be willing to "drive" some of the time
6. Someone who is responsible and even a little ambitious
7. Must be able to encourage me to grow and not feel intimidated when I do, but also be able to take care of me when I need to be nurtured

Just a start....

No comments: