Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Dick Read Error... Ever heard of it?

I work at a Help Desk and at least once a day I have a moment where I pause and marvel at the joys of my job. Here is my story of the day.

I get a call from a user whose computer shut down (on its own) and is now displaying the error "Disk Read Error". While scribing the call details I type in Dick Read Error. thank GOD! I proof my calls before I page them. But when re-reading this typo and trying desperately not to burst into fits of uncontrollable laughter (the kind where tears are streaming down your face and try as you might to relate the story to your co-workers, here on after: "helpies" you can't seem to get the words out in a fashion that makes any sense through your laughter) I backspace and type again DICK. OMG do I have some sub-conscious horny lust thing going on here?

Geez.. get a grip! Good thing it is 3:30 and I'm off for the day!

I'll add that error to the documentation tomorrow lest anyone else encounter this one and not know what to do with it. Cheers!

No comments: