Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Commitment

I recently had someone send me my astrological chart and one thing I have been thinking about is that it said:
"My Sun is Libra - You love the dance of relationships but abhor the thought of commitment."

Commitment is interactions dominated by obligation. To pledge to something or someone.

Do I loathe commitment? I never would have thought that about myself. When I think of commitment, I think in terms of people and relationships, but if I think about commitments to other things, I can easily see I have issues with it. I like to start things, but when it gets hard or tedious, I tend to want to quit. OK, I usually DO quit. And, likewise to some extent, this is true of my relationships with people. When it gets hard I want to quit. Maybe I don't completely quit, but I do go away. I find it is easier to quit a sewing project by putting it away, but people are not so easy. They don't wait in the closet for you to return on a rainy day with a renewed sense of determination and a fresh mind to pick up where you left off. People go away and move on.

No comments: