Monday, July 23, 2007

Chinese Kissing

This weekend Dread Pirate Joe decided to up his "Kissing Ante". Apparently all the Axe (Bow-chicka-bow-wow) he's been wearing has him thinking this baby "peck" kissing is no longer good enough. He climbed into my lap and proceeded to give me the longest kiss. Ever. And by this I mean, he grabbed my face with his little hands tilted his head slightly, closed his eyes and leaned in slowly until our lips met and moved his head back and forth for effect. He pulled away with a big smile and proceeded to try to "rinse and repeat". I stop him, "Hey what's up?" I ask. He giggles. I wonder where he learned this new move. And then I remember the moment, when I was his age, that I too, decided to "Up the Kissing Ante" with my mother.

My mom almost always had soap operas playing on the TV while she busied herself around the house. (I can vividly remember crying during General Hospital when Luke and Laura were reunited after everyone thought she was dead and Christopher Cross's "Think of Laura" played to a montage of Luke and Laura moments. My mom even bought me the 45 I liked that song so much! Can you say sappy? So where most little girls learn everything from Fairy Tales, I learned from Soap Operas!) So I saw a lot of soap opera "action" when I was young (which was mild by today's standards!) and decided this long wet kissing with tongue looked kind of fun. So who better to test this new "French kiss" on than my mother. So the first chance I got, I laid one one her: Opened wide and inserted tongue. Shocked my Mom grabbed my by the shoulder and pushed me back. Shock and Awe had nothing on my Mom's reaction! I learned right then and there not to try that again.

I tried not to be so shocked with Dread Pirate Joe. I explained that this type of kissing wasn't appropriate for someone his age. I laughed at his innocence and told him my "French kissing" story. He laughed and laughed (and I mean big belly laughing that is so adorable when you are 7!), until his face was red. Apparently, me kissing my mother WITH TONGUE was the funniest thing he has ever heard! When The Alaskan walked into our conversation, DP Joe can't wait to share my story. He says "Did you know my Mom Chinese kissed her Mom when she was little?" the Alaskan smiled and raised his eyebrow. Once I explained, he said "Maybe I can get a little Chinese action over here?"

No comments: