Monday, June 18, 2007

She must be from Oregon or something...

So I get a call today from a user in Alaska who wants to request his e-mail address be changed. He is getting quite a bit of e-mail for another user. The way my company assigns user names leaves a lot to be desired and lots of users end up with very similar user names with only a number at the end to make them unique. So this happens quite frequently.

I explain I will put in a request. He then proceeds to tell me:
"And she must be from Oregon, because I sure do get a lot of e-mails for those on-line dating services for her...."

I reply a little factiously, "Are you implying that only people in Oregon use dating services?" By the tone of his voice (sounds like he isn't used to being very social, you know those people in Alaska don't get out much) I think he could actually USE a date!

A bit flustered he stammers, "No ma'am, I don't mean that at all, I've actually used them myself..."

I wanted to ask him which service he used, just so I could keep my eye out for him, but I think I had enough fun with him for today.

BTW - It's miss not ma'am! I'm not that old! The only time it is OK to call me ma'am is if you are Kenny Chesney and you are greeting me from atop your tractor. You may then tip you hat and say, "Howdy ma'am." and offer me your hand so I can climb aboard with you. But if you are not a sexy country boy, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call me ma'am!

No comments: